Effective Date: November 1, 2013
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Personal Information you provide. We collect the personal information you provide to us. For example, we may collect information when you create an account, create a profile, use the interactive areas and features on our site, make a purchase, and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we collect include, for example, name, postal address, phone or fax number, email address, account information (e.g., credit card and online registration information), and other information that you choose to provide.
Automatically Collected Information. We receive certain types of information automatically whenever you use our services or sites. For example, when your Web browser accesses our site, we obtain certain types of information, such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, access times, and the page you visited before visiting our site. We may also collect information about your computer´s operating system and information about your usage and activity on our site.
Cookies. We automatically collect data using cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file that our sites transfer to your computer. We deliver these cookies and collect data on our sites, and we may also use third party agents to deliver cookies and collect data. We use the data we collect using cookies to help support the integrity of the registration and buying processes on our sites, retain your preferences and account settings, learn about your possible interests so we can personalize our marketing and information to better support your interests, and improve our sites and your experience. When you view a video on our site that uses Adobe Flash Player, a third party (Adobe Systems Inc.) may set a “flash cookie” on your computer. Visit Adobe Flash Player privacy and security to learn more about how Adobe Systems Inc. protects your privacy.
Web Beacons. We also collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and to tell if an email has been opened or acted upon.
Personal Information from Other Sources. We may also receive personal information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you.
OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, for example, to:
• Provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions and send you related information, including purchase confirmations, invoices, updates, security alerts, recall notices and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• Send you communications about Vance & Hines and partner products, services, offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and geographically relevant information;
• Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and prizes;
• Maintain and administer your account; and Operate and improve our sites and services.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information about you outside of Vance & Hines and its affiliates, including as follows:
• We may share personal information with third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf. Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers.
• We may make our lists of personal information and shopping information (not including your credit card numbers) available to selected, pre-screened, third parties we believe may offer products or services of interest to you.
• We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
• We may publicly disclose the name, city, state and other information of contest and sweepstakes winners.
• We may post or publish anything you post on our sites when you submit comments, stories, photos, blog postings and videos in connection with our sites or if others send us anything about your activities or postings.
• Personal information may be shared as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing or sale of company assets. It may also be shared in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets in the transaction.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Vance & Hines by following the instructions in those emails. You may also change your postal mail and email preferences by contacting us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account or our ongoing business relations.
If your personal information changes, we invite you to correct or update your information by contacting us at the addresses below. You can also request changes to your personal information and request that we not disclose your information to third-parties for their own marketing purposes by contacting us at the addresses below.
You can choose to stop collection of data by cookies on our site. Cookies set by Vance & Hines’ agent can be disabled by visiting vanceandhines.com. You may also set your browser to remove and reject cookies set by Vance & Hines. This may not affect third party “flash cookies” used in connection with videos you may view on our site. To manage and disable “flash cookies” set by Adobe Systems Inc., visit Adobe Flash Player privacy and security. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our sites.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Vance & Hines’ endeavors to use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction while it is under our control. While we use commercially reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
All prices are subject to change without notice.
CATALOG / WEBSITE CONTENTS
Vance & Hines’ believes the contents and specifications of its catalog and website are correct. We assume no liability for any errors in listings, specifications, part numbers, prices or model applications. We reserve the right to change specifications, product descriptions, product quality, pricing and application at any time without notice and without further obligation.
Not all products listed in Vance & Hines’ catalog or website are guaranteed to be available at the time of order, if at all. Vance & Hines reserves the right to cancel or delay plans for product introduction at its discretion.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Vance & Hines may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will notify you by changing the “Effective Date” date above or as required by law.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please contact us as follows:
Vance & Hines
13861 Rosecrans Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670, USA
Telephone: (562) 921-7461
Fax: (562) 802-0110